Hire IoT Hardware Developer
Internet of Things (IoT) is a term used to describe the network of everyday electronic devices that connect and conduct operations without human involvement. The simplest example is a smartwatch and smartphone. They connect and interoperate automatically nowadays. So you can control your smartphone with the watch and vice versa. IoT hardware development deals with the design, programming, and the creation of such devices. This industry is rather young, but it develops at a high speed as people expect more comfortable and helpful technology. Even about ten years ago the idea of all devices in the household being connected and controlled via one device was innovative. Nowadays, it is a reality that many people are willing to choose.
Not only can a company hire IoT hardware developer to create a sensor or microcontroller, but also a full device. It is a constantly growing industry as it allows making life more simple and comfortable. For example, the USA retail market of IoT has grown significantly in recent years, from $2.18 billion in 2014 up to $5.25 billion in 2020. And it is expected to reach $11.26 billion in 2025. The market grows as the competition is pretty high. It is all about speed of development, quality and usability of the device, and, of course, affordability. That’s why major businesses in this sphere invest hugely in embedded IoT development – to stay on top and release excellent products.
Many tasks wouldn’t be possible without the internet of things embedded systems, for example, new ways of driving or integrated smart home systems. It is also quite useful in smaller tasks, like tracking exercising, heart rate, and distance walked. This data is recorded, analyzed, and transmitted to the phone via IoT.
IoT hardware developer is a highly-qualified professional that contributes to any project in this industry. The main challenge of IoT hardware development is that any new device or technology should be not only innovative but viable. It can be something that operates with existing technology, like a smartphone or Alexa, or a completely new device. Such development takes an expanded team of professionals that create everything, from idea and prototype up to the design of an interface and final release. That’s why an embedded IoT engineer has to have deep programming knowledge as well as a full vision of the future product.
IoT Microcontroller and IoT Sensor Development
Overall, IoT hardware development consists of two main branches: sensor development and microcontroller development. Those are two main parts that make the collaboration between technologies possible and ensure data transition.
An embedded systems engineer (or IoT programmer) follows the same stages of the development process, namely:
- Defining the thing that will be controlled or monitored. It is a subject that new technology is going to work with, whether it is a stand-alone or integrated product. A company can build a brand new device or a technology that will integrate with the existing one to resolve customers’ issues. The thing can be a water pump, physical activity detection, or centralized conditioning system.
- Data collection technology or IoT sensor development. It means the design and creation of sensors that are going to collect and convert data. Such sensors can work with all types of information from outside sources, like temperature, humidity, motion, or light. Basically, any measurable factor can be collected and transmitted to the computer that will analyze it and operate accordingly. This stage is extremely important as the quality of the sensor will impact the functionality of the end product hugely. If it cannot gather data properly, the computer won’t function well.
- IoT microcontroller development. A microcontroller is a device that is designed to mostly execute one task. It is a unit that helps the whole application to function, but in its entity, it is quite simple. Usually, it has programmable peripherals, CPU, and memory. An embedded software developer creates them for embedded apps for remote technologies, like smartphones, microwaves, or washing machines.
- Processing module. It is the stage to create a processing computer, the main part that will receive the data, analyze it, and execute desired tasks.
- Communication technology. At this stage, an embedded coder works on the ways new technology is going to communicate with the existing devices and third parties. It includes communication via the cloud, USB ports, CAN, Wi-fi, etc.
Projects an IoT Embedded Developer Can Tackle With
IoT hardware development has a wide range of projects and possible solutions. It can be something like a new sensor, a product that offers connectivity for existing technologies, or even a design of a self-standing platform. The main purposes are always to make human life easier with better data acquisition responsiveness, and more opportunities. IoT programming is essential for many industries, such as retail, transportation, real estate, and health care.
It also depends on what third-party solutions or platforms are going to be used. IoT Azure developer works with Microsoft platforms, but some programmers specialize on Amazon or any other platform. What projects can IoT embedded developer help with? Here are the main ones:
- Development of separate data collecting modules, like sensors. Professional coders can create new technology that is more responsive and fast for existing products. This way a company can increase the quality of its services and boost end-user experience.
- Connectivity and operational solutions. For example, microcontrollers for applications and devices. It can also be a separate connectivity platform that brings several technologies together. It helps to manage them all from one interface.
- IoT integration architecture. Including all means of communication with cloud hosting and any third-party devices.
- Analytical solutions for data processing. In tight collaboration with an embedded software engineer, a team can create new and more advanced ways of data analysis. It increases the responsiveness of the whole system.
- Development of processing computers. A dedicated team of coders will design and program the main processor of the system/product. It is going to receive, store, and analyze information. It is also responsible for communication with other devices and the user.
- Full IoT solutions for a particular industry. It can be anything, from building a solution to the whole system that manages workspaces. It also includes visualization, advanced AI-based data analysis, and management of the whole infrastructure. Such systems power not only separate smart houses but can also enhance industrial processes.
- Traffic management systems. IoT is widely used for automotive navigation. It can also provide advanced traffic alert systems and detect possible hazardous situations.
Overall, hardware development can tackle any task that concerns IoT integrated devices. It can be a solution helpful for your company’s functionality of a product for wider use.
Reasons to Hire Dedicated Hardware Developers in Ukraine
There are many reasons to outsource IoT hardware development to Ukraine. One of the main factors is the lack of talent. According to Microsoft research, 47% of businesses reported that they have not enough skilled professionals in this sphere. The same study shows that 80% of large corporations adopt IoT solutions. This underlines the main struggle – the increasing demand and lacking talent. Of course, it leads to the search for experienced coders in other countries, like Ukraine.
Why Ukraine in particular? Here are the key benefits of this outsourcing destination:
- It is much more affordable than finding experts in the USA, the EU, or the UK. Ukraine has lower rates for coders, which allows it to significantly reduce the budget of the project. Outsourcing is always more cost-effective, that’s why it is so popular among many companies.
- Ukraine is a booming IT hub that is expected to reach 200,000 IT specialists by 2020. It means that finding an experienced team here may be easier. The new coders graduate every year to fulfill this growing demand.
- Local professionals have a good command of English. It is understandable as the Ukrainian IT market works closely with international partners. Many companies offer exclusively outsourcing services for partners from the USA or Europe. That’s why the vast majority of programmers here speak English quite well.
- Ukrainian teams and professionals share the same business ethics and values as European businesses. It is all about the result-driven process and releasing high-quality products in a short time. Many companies also work according to the Agile methodology, which increases productivity.
- Ukraine is conveniently located, especially for European partners. It is just in Eastern Europe and has little to no time difference, which makes collaboration and communication much more comfortable. It is also convenient to travel to, as the capital, Kyiv, has direct and indirect flights with all major cities all over the world.